Jack Andrew Urquhart is the author of the short story, They Say You Can Stop Yourself Breathing, and So They Say, a collection of self-contained, inter-connected stories. Mr. Urquhart holds a Master of Arts degree in English, Creative Writing, from the University of Colorado at Boulder, where he was the winner of the Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Award for Fiction (1991). His work has appeared at Clapboard House Literary Journal, Crazyhorse Literary Journal, and Standards: The International Journal of Multicultural Studies Online. Formerly a writing instructor at the University of Colorado’s Writing Program, Mr. Urquhart was, until 2010, a senior analyst for the Judicial Branch of California. He resides in Ventura, California.
TermiteWriter on Last Words: A Marriage Memory…
- Last Words: A Marriage Memory (prose poem)
- Reflections on Selling the Family Home: the Life-Changing Challenges of Decluttering House and Mind
- god fantasy (a prose poem) by Jack A. Urquhart
- Say ‘Cheese’! A Birthday Letter to my Son
- Afterwords: Reflections on losing a child to mental illness and drugs